Posted January 06, 2021 in Press Releases
Sports Awards is the premier annual sports fundraiser supporting Greater Cleveland Sports Commission. With consideration to current events, this year’s show will not only feature the traditional celebration of athletic achievements, but also themes of humanity, courage and community focus throughout the show.
Award nominations will be selected in the following categories:
- Male High School Athlete of the Year presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Female High School Athlete of the Year presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Male Collegiate Athlete of the Year presented by H. Jack's Plumbing & Heating Co. "The Super Plumber!"
- Female Collegiate Athlete of the Year presented by H. Jack's Plumbing & Heating Co. "The Super Plumber!"
- Professional Athlete of the Year presented by FOX Sports Ohio
- Humanitarian of the Year presented by Union Home Mortgage
- Cleveland Clinic Sports Medicine Courage Award
- Best Moment in Cleveland Sports presented by JACK Entertainment
Sports Awards will air as an hour-long televised special produced by NPi Audio Visual Solutions. It will feature award finalists, videos and guest appearances from current and former national sports celebrities, with the support from the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers and Cleveland Indians.
In conjunction with the televised show, this year’s event will feature a high-value silent auction and a new 50/50 Raffle presented by First National Bank. Additional information is forthcoming.
Packages and tickets are available for purchase online. Packages range from $7,000 for 12 guests to $4,500 for 10 guests. Individual tickets can be purchased for $125.
Package purchasers will receive access to an exclusive ticketed pre-show featuring local and national sports celebrities which will be streamed live at 6 p.m., prior to the Sports Awards televised special aired on WKYC and SportsTime Ohio.
Additionally, highest level purchasers will be invited to a live virtual event the week prior to Sports Awards featuring Cleveland sports alumni including Bernie Kosar, former Cleveland Browns quarterback and legend, courtesy of Union Home Mortgage.
For more information or to purchase a package or tickets, visit clevelandsportsawards.com.
Media interested in credentials will be provided a link for interviews. Please apply by Feb. 26 at clevelandsports.org/media.